Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, September 22, 2008

North Georgia Fields

'Country Fields' 8x10 pastel
Here is a scene from an area in North Georgia where I had the pleasure of doing some plein air painting a couple of years ago. It would be nice to go plein air painting now that fall is in the air. Actually Jayne, Holly and I will be taking an Autumn drive and painting trip soon. I have a new easy-l easel and artcomber cart so I am ready. It's funny though because it seems we never have the right equipment and then I just watched Doug Dawson's plein air dvd and he carried his pastels in a tupperware container and puts them on the ground on a placemat! So we really don't need to have the fancy gear to do beautiful work!

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $145 USD
Or, send me an email

3 comments:

Donna T said...

Very nice fall scene, Karen. I have the Easyl Pro and really like it. Sometimes I wish I had gotten the Versa because it's a little larger but I'm trying to learn to do more with less. Have a great trip!

Karen Hargett said...

I so look forward to your blog everyday! Beautiful landscape - can't wait to see what your fall drive inspires you to paint.

Karen said...

Thank you Donna. I got the lite for that reason...we'll see if i can do it!
Karen, Thank you so much!