Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, January 19, 2009

Summer Woods...Birch Trees

'Summer Woods' 24x18 pastel
This is a big painting for me and whenever I do a large one I always wonder why I don't paint large more often because I really enjoy it. I know the answer of course...I just don't have enough time. But this weekend I had some downtime. I have been wanting to paint this for awhile. It is from a photo I took last summer on a hike in Acadia National Park in Maine. The forest was so dark and mysterious and so very GREEN! But this little stand of birch trees was like a light in the forest. I tried to make all of the greens interesting but it was a very lush forest and that's is how I want to remember it. Take a look at the slide show I did below of the painting in progress.

5 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

This is beautiful. It would be fun to see the real thing! Someday.

Karen said...

Thanks Jo,
Hope to see you at Iaps!
Karen

Rita Harder Johnson said...

Very nice! A feast for the eyes on this snowy day!

Katie Wilson said...

You did a beautiful job! I have been checking out the Daily Painter's for some time now, and always find myself clicking on your paintings. I like your work.

Brent Seevers said...

I like it. Great choice of colors.