Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, June 20, 2009

An Afternoon's Work...Acrylic Paintings!

I don't know what got into me today but I just felt like doing a painting with a brush! I didn't feel like waiting for oils to dry so I took out some acrylic paints. I ended up doing two paintings, an 18x24 and a 16x20. Did I ever have fun! I was actually inspired by the paintng that was in my room where we stayed in Taos. It was loaded with thick paint and I have been wanting to try it ever since. Mine aren't quite as thick. I was somewhat stingy with the paint. I will try to get a better photo of each one. I was happy with my attempts at mixing colors....I didn't get too frustrated which was nice.

2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

These are great. It is always fun to let go and just play. And... with nice results.

Karen said...

Thanks Jo, It was fun and I will probaly do more...need to if I want to get more comfortable with the paint!