Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Pastel Journal Creative Spark Winner!

'Closer In' 8x10 pastel
I am excited to share that my painting 'Closer In' won the Pastel Journal's Creative Spark contest for June. It will be featured on this week's Pastel Journal blog and I will share the link as soon as it is posted. You may recognize these flowers from a larger painting I have shown. The challenge was to reinterpret a painting and come up with a fresh idea. I decided to focus in on a few of the flowers and show them how I imagined them from an insect's point of view. What a fun challenge and I am thrilled to have my painting recognized!

7 comments:

Diana Moses Botkin said...

Beautiful work! I love the surprising color you pushed here.

Donna T said...

Congratulations, Karen! I've always thought your work deserved to be featured in the PJ. What an honor!

Karen said...

Thank you Diana. This one was fun!

Karen said...

Thank you so much Donna! You made my day!

Monique Straub said...

So glad to hear that you've been honored! Your daily work is always a delight to receive in my email. I start off every morning with a cup of coffee and the inspiration you give me. Congratulations.

Monique Straub

Regina Calton Burchett said...

Congratulations!! These colors are just wonderful - kind of like flowers-near-the-beach-at-sunrise colors. I love this - really nicely done!!

Karen said...

Thank you Regina! I appreciate the comment.