Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, August 09, 2009

'A Beautiful Day' 12x24 pastel
It was a crisp...no cold... Autumn day when I visited this scene. I love the wide open views of the marsh and I love painting them larger than I usually paint. This one is 12x24 and I wish it translated better on the screen but the photo doesn't do justice to the scale of the painting. One of my workshops this Fall will be about painting the marsh so I will be doing more in the coming weeks in preparation for the workshop. I will be posting my workshop schedule for this Fall sometime this week so look for it if you think you might be interested in coming to a workshop!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

You have definitely picked up the expanse of area....vast indeed...I feel it. Looks like northern Germany up by the North Sea.

Karen said...

Thank you so much Cynthia! I can't wait to go marsh painting this Fall!