Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, August 10, 2009

Cape May Beach Painting

'Evening Peace' 8x10 pastel
The challenge to myself for this week is to try some high key paintings. I was inspired by a painting Deborah Secor posted in a recent Wet Canvas thread. She had painted a wonderful high key desert scene. If you follow my blog then you know I tend to paint fairly dark so it is most definitely a challenge to keep my values light. This scene wasn't too bad since it was already pretty light in real life. This is Cape May as evening falls. It is quiet and so very beautiful at this time of day. Now let's see what else I can come up with!

2 comments:

Helen Harris said...

I was just in Cape May for a 3 day art show. You've captured the beach atmosphere . The high key works well.

Karen said...

Thank you Helen. It was fun for a change of pace. I just love the Cape May area!