Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ceday Key Florida Marsh Painting

'Summer Marsh' 9x18 pastel
It was the brightest and greenst marsh I'd ever seen! The color was amazing. I came across this photo from a trip to Cedar Key Florida while gathering marsh photos for my recent workshop. This was actually the demo I did for the class. I worked on it some more after the workshop and tried to capture those intense greens. I've started my marsh commission and one of the things the client wants is the marsh to have more of the green grasses. I am usually visiting marshes in the fall so I am not quite used to seeing them so green!

2 comments:

Cynthia said...

What gorgeous GREENS....love the light grass in the foreground too.

Karen said...

Thanks Cynthia! Now to duplicate them in acrylics!