2018 Workshop Details Coming Soon! click here
Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction

Monday, August 30, 2010

Diane Townsend Metallic Pastels

'Barn Trees III' 12x12 pastel
My challenge was to do a painting only using metallic or iridescent pastels. I used my set of 12 Diane Townsend Metallics. I love these pastels! Normally when I use a metallic pastel I will only use it for an accent so it was different to use them for the whole painting. The photo doesn't really show off the metallic glow. I first did an underpainting with gouache so I had a nice rich base to paint on. This was a fun experiment!

3 comments:

Angela said...

How pretty! I'm really glad you posted this because I was thinking about buying those pastels, but I wasn't sure how they would look on paper. Now that I know, I'm definitely going to get them! Happy painting!! :)

Barbara said...

I'm a fan of your wild flowers but love this one too.

SC Shisler: said...

I love the glow and the depth that you have here Karen. - the painting is simply delightful!