Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, August 16, 2010

Today's Demo Painting

'Mountain Meadows' 8x10 pastel
Today's painting is the demo I did this morning for a new student. I am always happy to introduce an artist to pastels. It is my goal to help those who want to explore this wonderful medium to get a good start in the basics of pastels. We spent the morning learning about the tools of the trade, ways to apply pastels and finally a demonstration of one way to start a pastel painting. There is so much more of course but she is coming back!
NEW CLASS SCHEDULE
If you are in the Atlanta, Georgia area, I'd love to share my passion with you. I have posted my class and mini workshop for Fall 2010. Here is a link. Send me an email at kemstudios@yahoo.com if you would like more information.

1 comment:

Elaine Hurst said...

Very nice! It is fun to introduce people to pastels! I love when they start to understand that pastels aren't such a mystery. Fun stuff!