2018 Workshop Details Coming Soon! click here
Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Rainy Day in New York City

'Rainy Day in New York City' 8x10 pastel ©Karen Margulis
I am back home from a whirlwind trip to New York City for the Pastel Society of America awards and dinner. It was a fantastic experience despite the rain. It was so exciting to see my painting hanging with so many other wonderful works in the National Arts Club. Winning a prize was icing on the cake. I received the Blick Art materials award which consisted of some nice gift certificates as well as three sets of pastels. It was a challenge getting them home on the plane but a fun challenge! I met a lot of wonderful people and look forward to seeing them again this summer at IAPS. Yesterday my friend Barbara Jaenicke (who also won an award) had a few hours to spare before our flight home so we went walking the streets of NYC on the rain. I was actually enjoying the rain because of the moodiness and colorful lights and umbrellas. I took lots of photos for future reference. I am usually more of a landscape painter but as Richard McKinley says...the city is just the Grand Canyon of man!

1 comment:

erifili said...

Just amazing.I enjoy your paintings.