Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, November 08, 2010

Sunflower with Texture

'Flowing Free' 8x10 pastel
I tried a different technique for this sunflower painting. I used Diane Townsend paper which is her own home made surface on a watercolor type paper. I started with a first layer of harder pastels over which I painted Golden pastel ground. That liquified the pastel and added more tooth to the paper. When it dried I added softer pastels. I loved working over the texture left by the pastel ground. I will be trying this some more!

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $145 USD
Or, send me an email

5 comments:

Mariela said...

Hi Karen I love this work...
EXCELLENT...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you please tell me what is the pastel groung??

Karen said...

Thank you Mariela. It is sold by Golden and comes in a jar and is called Golden Acrylic Ground for Pastels.

Sara Mathewson said...

beautiful!

Barbara Benedetti Newton said...

Hi Karen, It is fun to see someone else try a similar process to the one I've used recently. Your result is beautiful. I love all the broken color!

Meg said...

Magnificent painting (as are so many of yours)!

Meg Chandler