Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, December 27, 2010

Mingo Point Kiawah Island Pastel Painting

'Mingo Point' 9x12 pastel
I did a commission last week of Mingo Point on Kiawah Island SC for a couple who will be married there this Spring. They wanted more detail than I usually put in including some hints of the buildings on the far bank. After I finished the commission piece I did this one for fun. I loved the scene but wanted to be a bit looser with it. I used a piece of watercolor paper that I had prepared with a toned pumice mixture. If you look closely you can see the texture of my surface. It is hard to get too fussy on this rough surface so I recommend it for anyone who wants to loosen up!
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $150 USD
Or, send me an email

4 comments:

Sara Mathewson said...

This is another beauty! I think following your blog will help me to loosen up. That is my biggest goal really. The whole what to leave in what to leave out dilemma. But hopefully this New Year will be one of loosening up for me and I know my friend sue whom i often paint with has the same goals. You are a good one to learn from!

Becky Joy said...

A nice serene scene. Lovely.

Karen said...

Thanks Sara! I am planning to do more works in progress on my blog this year so it will be easier for you to see my process. I am also starting a new project....a sketch a day..and I am inviting others to join in. Look for an announcement this week.

Karen said...

Thank you Becky. It is a beautiful place!