Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, March 07, 2011

Sanford Farm Nantucket Island

'Summer Walk' 11x14 pastel
I love painting the landscapes of Nantucket. The beaches and coastline are beautiful but I love the interior just as much. The colors in the grasses and the wildflowers are just wonderful. Everything is windswept and wild. It is so nice that there are areas on the island that have been preserved for us to enjoy. This painting is 11x14 on Canson paper.

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $155 USD
Or, send me an email

6 comments:

Cmichaudart said...

I love that it is free and breezy...no noodling, congrats!

Johanna Spinks said...

enjoy your work and style

KEH said...

Beautiful picture! I'm not sure how I even found your blog but I was the painting while browsing through my google reader of all my subscribed blogs.

With your permission I would love to feature this painting and yourself as a "featured artist" on ART-aid (an artist resource website I write / publish). Let me know if that is alright with you - I will wait to publish the post till I hear back!

katie

Karen said...

Thank you all very much for the comments! Much appreciated! I would be honored to be the featured artist on Art-aid!

Vanessa said...

Beautiful landscape Karen! Did you use the side of the pastel in broad strokes for the entire picture or only certain parts perhaps?

Karen said...

Thank you Vanessa! I used the side of my pastel for the entire painting and then I blended it all with my fingers. I went back on top of the blended areas in some spits with more pastel and left it unblended. You can see the texture of the paper on these areas.