Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Plein Air Poppies


Plein air Poppies 5x7 pastel
This morning I went out to Lost Mountain Nursery to do some plein air painting with a group of artists. It was great to see Marsha and Ginny and to paint with Jayne, Elaine and Deb. We really need to do it more often. It was hard to paint though because I was distracted by all of the beautiful plant. I am in the process of redoing some of my garden beds to the flowers were calling to my pocketbook! I bought some daisies and black-eyed susans and some pincushion flowers. I was anxious to get home to plant them. I did manage to paint two small paintings of the lone poppy I found! I will be going to a paint out next week at the Smith-Gilbert Gardens so I will have plenty of time to paint flowers this week!

No comments: