Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Chamisa Shadows 8x10 pastel

'Chamisa Shadows' 8x10 pastel
Today's painting is another demo painting from last weekend's workshop. We were talking about light and shadows and this was my shadow demo. It was a quick study on Canson paper. I was doing a lot of talking while painting so I didn't get it very developed. I figured I would work on it later but when I looked at it after a few days I actually like the looseness of it. I think I will leave it alone and perhaps try another one in a larger size.

2 comments:

Rita Kirkman Daily Paintings and Art Journal said...

Wonderful! I like the strong but simple composition, and the wide-angle effect of the light, with the shadows fanning out in the foreground.

Karen said...

Thanks Rita! That is exactly what I was trying to do! I appreciate your comments!