Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Morning Glow 11x14 pastel landscape

'Morning Glow' 11x14 pastel
I am still working on my florals and painted the hydrangeas and another vase of sunflowers. I am having fun with them! Today's painting is the demo I did at Sunday's workshop. The topic was capturing the light and being aware of the color and temperature of the light and how it effects the landscape. This is an early morning marsh scene. It is on Canson paper. I am back to sanded paper this week for some wet underpaintings. I had a student today bring in some Canson that she had coated with acrylic pastel ground. It had a nice tooth and dried nice and flat. I may need to try that! I am always learning something new!

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $165 USD
Or, send me an email

1 comment:

Elvirah said...

Awesome paintings, i must say. I have gone through few and you have a great talent.