2018 Workshop Details Coming Soon! click here
Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sunflower Bouquets 8x10 pastel

I’ve been working on some florals today for a change of pace. Usually my flowers are in meadows and not in vases so it is a bit different. For these paintings I did a value underpainting with an alcohol wash on Uart paper. In my pastel class we have been focusing on designing a painting with big simple shapes so the value underpaintings were helpful to set up the paintings with the big value shapes and not all the picky details I saw in my photos. Next on the easel is a pitcher of hydrangeas!

Price: $95 USD for each painting
Or, send me an email

1 comment:

tj said...

Your Sunflower bouquets are absolutely beautiful!Love the rich colors. I wish I lived closer I would be at every class you offered! Tami