Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Autumn Tree 8x10 pastel

'Colorful Countryside' 8x10 pastel
Today I am sharing an older painting that just hasn't found it's home yet. I had good intentions to paint today but ended up just doing a lot of prep work. I have a new series in the works of Colorado Wildflowers from one of my summer trips and I have two large 24x24 daisy commissions in the works. I am excited about painting daisies in this size. I have the paper all ready for the first one and after working on minis for a week this looks Huge! It will be fun.
About today's painting, I am asked how I got the textured look to the tree...that came out of frustration. I had way too many leaves so I kept brushing them out and each time I still overworked it. So finally I sprayed the tree with fixative and painted on it while damp which gave the tree it's final look.

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $125 USD
Or, send me an email

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful autumn tree ! Love it.