Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Indian Paintbrush Colorado Wildflower Painting

'A Splash of Red' 8x10 pastel
I was happy to start a new series today. I have been wanting to paint some Colorado wildflowers from some of my favorite reference photos. The summer of 2010 my friends Holly and Jayne and I drove out to Wyoming. We made a few stops in Colorado to enjoy the wildflowers. We were in Crested Butte for the Wildflower Festival and took a jeep ride to Yankee Boy Basin in Ouray. It was a fantastic experience and I am excited to finally paint some of the scenes from the trip. Here is a hillside covered in Indian Paintbrush. I did a watercolor underpaintng on Uart paper.

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $145 USD
Or, send me an email

No comments: