Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, January 16, 2012

3 Ways Pinterest Can Help Artists & Art Collectors

'Cape May Point' 8x8 pastel ©Karen Margulis
A Screen shot of my Pinterest Boards

It's time to start pinning! If you have been holding out or don't know what Pinterest is, you are in for a treat! What is Pinterest?
"Pinterest is a virtual pinboard. Pinterest allows you to organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. You can browse pinboards created by other people to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests."
If you are worried that joining Pinterest will be just another time waster than let me convince you to give it a try. To me, looking at beautiful images on Pinterest is inspiring and motivates me to want to create more art. I leave my Pinterest browsing session refreshed and inspired. How can that be a waste of my time! Not to mention all of the tempting recipes,fashions and decorating ideas. Still not convinced? Let me give you three ways that Pinterest can help you as an artist or art lover & collector.
  1. INSPIRATION BOARDS I use Pinterest to pin all of the wonderful art I come across while browsing the web. I have set up pin boards devoted to things that inspire me. I have a Southwest board, a Color board, a Wildflower board to name a few. I am now starting to make a weekly board devoted to a theme or subject and I will browse the web looking for images in that theme that inspire me. This week it is 'Art of the Beach' and I am on the hunt for beach art that speaks to me.
  2. PRACTICAL ART INFORMATION You can use Pinterest to organize all of the great ideas you find for the practice of creating art. I have an Art Studio board where I pin inspiring artist's studios and storage ideas. How about a board devoted to your medium....supplies you covet? The possibilities for this kind of board are endless. My boards are all a work in progress which adds to the fun.
  3. SHARING/MARKETING YOUR WORK Pinterest discourages users from too much self promotion but there are ways to get your art out there and your followers can certainly pin your work to their boards. Just remember that it is better to share more than your own art. This is new territory for marketing so if you would like to read more I recommend this post on Pinterest for Business on Firebelly Marketing's Blog.

So what are you waiting for? Do yourself a favor and join the fun on Pinterest. Let's share our favorite art and art tips. You will be inspired!
If you would like an invitation to join Pinterest, comment below with your email or send me an email at kemstudios@yahoo.com

Follow me on Pinterest


Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

Carol Engles said...

Hi Karen! Sounds fun and interesting. Please send me an invitation at your convenience.
Thank You,
Carol Engles

Karen said...

Thanks Carol. Have fun pinning!