Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, March 01, 2012

A Visit to Colorado ...Yankee Boy Basin

'Colorado Wildflowers' 8x10 pastel
While I am away this week I will be sharing some of my favorite places and the paintings that they inspired. I hope you will enjoy my world and I will be back in a week with new painting tips and demos!
This is one of my most favorite places in the world, Ouray Colorado! I have always wanted to visit in July at the height of wildflower season and a couple of summers ago I got my wish. My friends and I stopped on our way to Jackson Wyoming. We took a jeep ride up to Yankee Boy Basin and the flowers exceeded my expectations. The ride was a little hairy but well worth the white knuckles!

1 comment:

Susan Roux said...

This is so beautiful. I love wild flowers.