|'Wildflowers in the Mist' 6x8 oil on panel ©Karen Margulis|
available with Paypal $125
- The gift of sensitivity. I am grateful for the ability to look at the world in a different way. As I have developed as an artist so has my eye and sensitivity to subtle beauty. I not only notice the obvious beauty like a fiery sunset, but I notice the simple things like a shaft of warm light across a meadow.
- My artist friends. I love all of my friends but there is a special bond I share with my fellow artists. We just see things in a different way. Many of my artists friends were the 'different' ones in their family so when we get together and share so many things in common it is a great feeling. I love my artist friends!
- Art Supplies! We love them and we need them to create. We probably don't need as many supplies as we crave (cavemen made art with burnt sticks) But part of the fun of creating art is to try new supplies. And who can resist a new box of gorgeous pastels!
- Travel. I have always had wanderlust but being an artist gives me opportunities to travel. Trips to conventions, workshops and art events take me to new places to discover. I am grateful for my good friends who love to travel and for the trips we take together.
- Collectors. I approach my art by painting the subjects that I love but when a painting connects with someone and they are moved to have it hang in their home....there is no greater feeling of satisfaction. I am grateful for the people who enjoy my work.
- The internet. Even though artists struggle with balancing time online with painting time, I am grateful for the ability to connect with so many artists and art lovers online. Being an artist can often be a lonely endeavor and having an online community to share work and ideas has been invaluable to me.
- Enjoying my Day Job. I am grateful for being able to work as an artist full time. I wake up every morning with a spark of excitement for the day. I can't wait to go down into the studio and go to work every day!
- Magic. I am grateful for the chance to create something from nothing. It may not always be a success but just having the opportunity to turn a blank canvas into something.
- Books. I love books, especially art books. Being an artist gives me a good excuse to collect books. I need them. I need them for instruction and for inspiration. I think I'll buy a new book today!
- Sharing. I love to learn so I am grateful for the opportunities to learn from other artists but I learn just as much from sharing what i've learned with others. I love teaching and sharing on my blog and I appreciate all of you who visit every day to see what I have to share!
I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!