Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, March 03, 2013

Making a You Tube Slideshow...Winter Pastels

'Winter'        5x7       pastel    ©Karen Margulis.   $50
Art set to music. It is a perfect combination. I am new to You Tube and only just discovering the great videos available to artists. So it was exciting to discover that I could quickly and easily make a slideshow of my paintings and set it to music.

The key for me is that is was Quick, Easy and Free.  What could be better!  It is also very easy to share your slideshow. They provide the link as well as the code to add it to your website and blog.

You need a You Tube account and once signed in click on the Upload button. There you have several choices with one being 'photo slideshow'.  Click 'create' and follow the directions. Very easy!  Have a look at my first try:





Making a video slideshow is a great way to share a collection of your work. I can't believe I waited so long to try it!  I am offering several of the winter landscapes for sale by auction on Daily Paintworks.
Here is one of the auction paintings:

'Down a Winter Path'        8x10     pastel
Available on Daily Paintworks auction Click HERE to bid

6 comments:

Kim Werfel said...

Love your slideshow! Beautiful work and a great way to show it. Thank you too for explaining how it's done. On my "to do" list....for someday :)

Mariela said...

Your slideshow is really great!
I love the paintings together with the music...
I thought it was difficult to create a video and I never tried...
Thank you, your post is a great encouragment to me!

Karen said...

Thank you Kim and Mariela!

Nancy Q. said...

Beautiful collection of work in a series. I love how adventurous you are and willing to try something new.

Susan McManamen said...

How cool! I loved your slide show. What a terrific idea. I'm curious, does a person need to be concerned about copyright issues on the music you choose? Maybe because it's free to view you don't?

Shelley Whiting's art said...

I love these two paintings. The light in the work is very beautiful and lovely.