|'Summer Comes to the Marsh' 6x8 oil on panel $125|
|'Passing Clouds' 6x8 oil on panel|
|My plein air set up for oils|
"The EASyL sets a new standard for plein-air painting equipment. Beautifully manufactured in wood and brass, EASyL can be completely set up and ready to use in under 2 minutes. Using a professional tripod, the EASyL is sturdy and well suited to rugged terrain."I have the EasyL Lite version. I purchase just the box since I already had a good tripod. I also bought an inexpensive wood palette that fits into the box perfectly. You can use the inside of the box of get a piece of glass or plexiglass to fit as well. Here is a link to the company, Artwork Essentials, and the specifications of my easel. Here is what I like about this easel:
- Lightweight and compact. Now they make one without the added panel carrier which would be even better since I don't use the built in carrier.
- Quick and easy to set up. I leave the tripod quick release plate on the box so I just set up the tripod, click the box into place and it is ready to go.
- Nice quality. It feels more expensive than it is with brass hardware and accessories.
- The Lite version is just the right size for the small paintings I like to do. I usually don't paint larger than 8x10 for plein air so this size is perfect for me.
- The box has a carry strap but it fits in a larger backpack or messenger bag.
- PASTELS! I can use this box for pastels too. I can set a small cigar box of pastels in the palette well or my backback Heilman box fits nicely on top. I use a bungee cord run through the tripod to secure the box. The great thing about this set up is you don't need a table for your pastel box and everything is in front of you. No bending down!