Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Friday, September 13, 2013

Blogging from the Blue Ridge Georgia PaintOut


I am blogging from the road today. I am participating in the Blue Ridge Georgia Paint out. I don't have any Internet access but I do have my iPhone . So I am trying a new app called Blog to Go. So if anything looks funny it will have to stay that way until I get home!

It is a beautiful day here in the North Georgia mountains. Jayne and I signed in fit the paint out and got out papers stamped. We scouted out a painting location and found a wonderful patch of wildflowers along the highway! The Goldenrod were spectacular! I've never been here this time if year! We both painted the Goldenrod before it got too hot in the sun. 

Here is my set up. I am giving a test run of my new Terry Ludwig pastels. So far I love this set of 90 ...Stan Sperlak selection. I do need to change hinges on my box so the lid will lie flat!
I am sitting by the Toccoa River watching a kingfisher fish and hummingbirds buzzing me. The artist's Life for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Goldenrod is plentiful now. You've captured it well, giving a little zing to the almost-autumn landscape.