Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Lake Toxaway Workshop Report

What a fun day! I am in Lake Toxaway North Carolina teaching a two day workshop to a wonderful group of talented artists. The theme of my workshop is Simple Steps to more Expressive Paintings. I shared 5 ideas to help us loosen up and paint with passion. This begins with being organized and having a plan. So we began by doing value thumbnails and simple four value block ins.

I was so excited to see everyone rely on their thumbnails and start breaking free fro the reference photo! We finished the day with a group feedback session. Great work done and hopefully everyone left on a high note and ready to work hard tomorrow.

This is one of my demo paintings. I have painted a smaller version so it was fun to use this subject agin in a larger square format.

 

No comments: