|'And the Mountains Sing' 5x7 pastel ©Karen Margulis|
Because if I don't paint I have nothing to post. And we all know the benefit that comes from lots of painting time! So having a blog is often my incentive to paint rather than waste time or find excuses.
Maybe you need more incentive than that. Here are some ideas to get you thinking:
- Take advantage of the feature to save posts to draft and publish when you are ready. This way you can write when you have a block of free time.
- Decide on a posting schedule that works with your activities. Plan on posting at least once a week. And on posting days either write a new post or use one of your drafts.
- Make a list or calendar with blog post ideas. If you have good ideas ready you will save a lot of time. Most of my time is spent on figuring out what I want to post!
- Come up with an easy routine for posting. For example I always do my post as soon as I upload the photos of my daily painting. I am already sitting at the computer and so it is easy to open up Blogger, load the photos and write the post.
- Keep posting and post often! The steps involved in doing a blog post may seem time consuming at first but once you get familiar with it, the posting goes so much faster. So if it seems to take a long time....keep posting and it will get faster!
Today's Painting: White Wallis paper with Terry Ludwig pastels. This is a view of Mt Moran in Grand Teton National Park.