|'Majesty' 11x14 pastel ©Karen Margulis|
available for purchase $150 click here
I've written about the importance of organizing pastels by value and color in one box. (read post here)
I am always happy to share do-it-yourself pastel boxes. I have made many myself and use them for my extra pastels. But there is nothing better for your pastels than a Heilman Box. For me it is a Must Have pastel accessory.
Pastel artists know that pastels are expensive. We start out with only a few pastels but our collection inevitably grows. We know we need a box but a nice box isn't always in the budget. But think of a good box as a protector of your investment. We wouldn't throw a good camera with expensive lenses in a thin cheap bag....so why would we take a chance with our expensive pastels. A good box like a Heilman is worth saving for.
|My Heilman Box....Backpack size|
|8 years later and still going strong|
Here are some reasons why I love my Heilman Box:
- It is well padded with memory foam. I have dropped the box and had no broken pastels...not the case with my cheaper boxes.
- It has plenty of room to organize my pastels by color and value. (I have the backpack size)
- I like the turnbuckles on the lids....they are easy on the fingers and don't get loose.
- I love that it has a catch on both sides to keep the box rigid when open. I can lift the open box to move it without it folding.
- Quality materials and finish. I just looks great. I decorated mine with stickers from my travels.
- It has a nice handle and carry strap and a lock (I don't use)
- It isn't really too heavy as solid as it is.
- It has held up well with no issues for the last 8 years!
Yes, a good box is a must have for your pastel collection and the Heilman Box is definitely a box to consider! Available on their website:http://heilmandesigns.com