Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, October 05, 2014

Abiquiu Adventure Day 2 ...Exploring O'Keeffe Country

'Off the Beaten Path'. 8x10. Plein air Pastel

The day was ours to explore. And explore we did. It was a full day of exploring and even some painting. I met up with my new friend Kris in Santa Fe. We had arranged to share a rental car and it worked out perfectly that we came early and shared the same ideas about soaking in all of the scenery. I had a book with me called 'Touring O'Keeffe Country'. We used it along with recommendations from Richard to plan our tour. We started out at The White Place and ended up at the Rio Chama where we set up to paint. In between we made lots of photo stops.

Kris at the White Place

The Rio Chama

It was a good plan to come early, get aclimated and have some time to see the landscape before the hard work of the workshop begins. And it will be a week full of painting....two to three locations each day! I'll report back tomorrow on the first day of the workshop.

 

2 comments:

CAROL HOPPER -- A PAINTER'S JOURNAL said...

I am so glad you are enjoying New Mexico. Your photos and paintings show the state as quite beautiful.

robertsloan2art said...

Gorgeous painting today and wonderful photos. You're having a ball out there! Much dusty colorful joy! Paint on!