2018 Workshop Details Coming Soon! click here
Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction

Monday, June 29, 2015

Hello Sweden....The Painting Adventure Continues

 

'Evening Comes Late'. 5x7. Pastel. Karen Margulis

I had no plans and no expectations. Sometimes it is more fun that way. I decided to come to Sweden to visit my friend Riley. She has been wanting to show me Sweden and possibly host a future workshop here. I told her to surprise me with our itinerary. The first day has been amazing!

We are renting a house in the countryside near Lund. It is picture perfect and a great place to paint. I shot a video tour of the home which I will post tomorrow. Here is one of our neighhhhhbors.(I couldn't resist)

This morning we drove to Lund to check out the art store. I love exploring art stores in other countries! They are dangerous though! I can never resist a few unique goodies. I bought a beautiful coloring book and brush markers, a pale yellow unison pastel and a limited edition tin of Conte sticks.

We walked for 5 miles around the downtown area stopping for some salmon soup. Yumm! After a full morning we headed back to the house to paint. I set up outside and started a quick demo for Riley. I was almost finished when it began to rain. We quickly moved into the mud room where we kept painting!

Tomorrow we will head out at 9:00 and our destination will be a surprise. I can't wait!

Today's painting is a familiar motif for me but with the added magic of Sweden mixed in. This was the view out the window around 9:00 pm.

 

 

No comments: