|'Yes She Loves Me' 11x14 pastel ©Karen Margulis|
purchase painting $165
The paper is cut. The pastels are packed. Where does it all go?What is best a plein air cart or a wheeling suitcase? Maybe a backpack on wheels? I've had them all. I've downsized my gear so now it all fits nicely in a backpack. Since I rarely hike or stray to far to paint, a backpack is easy to manage. (if I need to I have a small folding wheeled luggage cart. The backpack slips easily over the handle for easy transport.)
So what's in my backpack?
The Art Supplies in my Backpack
- My Heilman box of pastels. I am taking the sketchbook size.
- Two portfolio folders filled with assorted papers.
- A support board (black)
- A plastic zippered pouch with assorted supplies: tape,pencil,sketchbook,Heilman plastic tray, business cards.
- A small ditty bag filled with rubber bands and clips (just in case)
- My Heilman easel attachment inside a blue ditty bag.
- Baby wipes in a neoprene pouch that attaches to my tripod.
- My tripod.
- My sunglasses with clear lenses.
- A pencil case with watercolor pencils and a small sketchbook.
The Miscellaneous Supplies in my Backpack
My back pack had a big center space and lots of pockets I stash comfort items in the pockets.
- Wet Ones antibacterial wipes.
- Cottonelle wipes (just in case)
- Compact First aid kit
- Zippered pouch with chargers...phone, camera and watch
- Travel pillow (very compact)
- Ipad mini
- Zippered pouch with lotion,sunscreen, lip balm, mints and whatever else fits.
Not shown but also included when I travel with painting supplies:
- Makeup case
- Medicine case. (small zippered pouches)
- Mini hairdryer