Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, July 02, 2015

Another Amazing Day in Sweden

'Day's End'. 5x7. Pastel. Karen Margulis

I would have pinched myself if I could. I was busy concentrating on riding the bike down the forest path. I had not been on a bike in years but here I was in Sweden riding a bike to the sea after a delicious coffee break (Fika) with the relatives of my host.

This is the way to experience a country! Visiting with the people who live here and enjoying their food and customs. We filled up on delicious home baked rolls and cinnamon rolls and then made our way to visit a Facebook friend who just so happened to live in the same town. Lil prepared a wonderful lunch of salmon in creme fraiche. We enjoyed conversation and sharing of art. Facebook can be such a wonderful thing!

We spent the rest of the day exploring the coast. Our destination was Ales Stanar or Ale's Stones a megalithic stone monument from the Nordic Iron Age. It was a mystically beautiful spot especially when we arrived just before sunset. Here are some photos from the day:

We arrived home late after a very full day. The blog post had to wait until the morning. Now we are off for some more exploration!

 

No comments: