Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, March 09, 2017

Painting Bluebonnets: Your Questions

'Time for Bluebonnets'           5x7        pastel       ©Karen Margulis
sold
I am making good progress. My busy season begins in just a few days with an exciting trip followed by two workshops and a wedding....then IAPS and Ireland. So I have quite a few irons in the fire!  My studio is ground zero. It is a staging area. Every surface is covered with handouts, notes and things to pack for each adventure. I am knee deep in plans! I wasn't going to paint today but 5:00 rolled around and I just couldn't stay away from the easel. In a way it was the perfect break from organizing stuff!

I decided to paint a quick 5x7 study of some Texas Bluebonnets. These little studies are fun to do because they are a good way to see if the composition might work for something larger. I think I like this little one and may go bigger with it!

I will be heading back to Texas in April for my Plein Air workshop in Dripping Springs. I love going to paint the Bluebonnets and I always meet the most wonderful artists. We will (hopefully) be painting bluebonnets. I'd love to hear your questions about painting bluebonnets or any other wildflower. Your questions will help me plan the best possible workshop. I will answer them here on the blog as well.

*****I just had a cancellation for this workshop which is April 7-9. Email me if you are interested in more information. karenmargulis@gmail.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...

News is that Texas wildflowers are coming on strong and early and will last late in the season! I'm looking forward to the workshop!

Karen said...

Thanks for the update! I can't wait!!!

pamit said...

I've spent a lot of time in Dripping Springs - LOVELY area! I hear they've had a great amount of moisture so the flowers should be awesome. Can't wait to see what you paint.