Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, November 18, 2018

A Thankful Artist: My Top Three List



'Among the Trees'            18x24           pastel             ©Karen Margulis
sold

I am sitting here in my warm and cozy studio. I am planning my weekly blog and Patreon posts. I have the holiday week ahead of me to do nothing but paint and prepare Thanksgiving dinner!  It is great to be an artist.  In this time of giving thanks we all reflect on what we are grateful for. Of course my family and health are at the top of my list. But then comes art. 

Today I am a thankful artist. There are many things about being an artist that enrich my life so I will narrow it down to my top three. 

'Autumn Joy'   8x10    pastel  sold


In this post I will list my top three things that I am thankful for. I will expand on them over the next three days....during this weekend of Thanksgiving.


1. Being an artist gives me the ability to see the world with a new and sensitive eye. Artists can see beauty and interest where others may see nothing.

2. Being an artist connects me to other artists. This community of like minded people is a treasure. One doesn't need to be a professional artist to benefit from being a part of the art community.

3. Being an artist gives me pure JOY.  There is nothing like creating something from nothing. The sheer joy of painting is such a rush. It's the process that makes me happy. A good painting is icing on the cake.


What are some of the things you are thankful for? Share them in the comments below!



Be sure to check out my  Thankful Event painting sale. I am adding new paintings daily until the sale ends on Thanksgiving Day. All original paintings are 50% off! www.etsy.com/shop/karenmargulisfineart











1 comment:

Tuija Granqvist said...

Hi Karen! I am grateful when I can paint when I want to, I can see the beauty of small things, and when I live in Finland. Happy Thanksgiving for you Karen.
Tuija