Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, May 02, 2019

Would You Like to Learn to Paint Reflections?


'Waiting for the Sun'              8x10            pastel        ©Karen Margulis
available $165
It is Water Month on my Patreon Page! I am excited about our focus for the month. There is just so much to share about painting water. We most likely won't even be able to fit it all in in just a month! I recently asked my patrons what they would like to learn about painting water. Painting reflections was high on the list!  I have some great tips and techniques to share about painting believable reflections. They don't have to be difficult!!

Here is a quick water tip: 
When painting water with or without reflections, look at the sky for a clue. Water will reflect the sky color. And it is important to remember that the sky is NOT always blue. Our thinking brain tells us the sky is blue and water is blue. But observation tells us that this is not always true.  Look at the painting in today's post. The sky is violet and yellow. These are the colors I used in the water.


If you would like more water painting demos, videos, challenges, tips and techniques head over to my Patreon Page. Join us for just $4 or $6 monthly. You can cancel at any time so I'd love for you to join us. www.patreon.com/karenmargulis

Before the finishing marks

No comments: