Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Strategies for Successful Wildflowers Preview

A Highlight for me....the Cover of Pastel Journal in 2014
Did you know that wildflowers are just decorations? They are like the sprinkles on a cupcake. They are the jewelry used to pull an outfit together. They will only work in a landscape painting if all of the underlying elements are working. So what are these underlying elements? I will be sharing them during my upcoming demo presentation at the IAPS convention.   Here is a sneak peek at one of the tips I will be sharing:

Wildflowers appear random in nature. But when painting them it is important to carefully place them so they appear random but actually serve the important purpose of directing the eye of the viewer. 

I will be expanding on this idea and we will discover that this tip can be applied to a landscape without wildflowers as well! If you are coming to IAPS and have time on Friday afternoon I'd love for you to join us! http://iapspastel.org/conv19_classes.php



If you can't make it to the demo I will be sharing much more about painting wildflowers both here on my blog and on Patreon after the convention. 

No comments: