Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Christmas Island..a quick little study


I only had about 30 minutes today to paint but I couldn't resist doing a painting of a palm tree with Christmas lights. So I did this quick little one from my imagination. Caitlin came home from school and saw it up on the easel and said it reminded her of that song 'Christmas Island'. Now I can't get the song out of my head! It's on Jimmy Buffet's Christmas CD ....but it's also on Ella Fitzgerald's 'A Swingin Christmas' CD...I love that one!!! Tomorrow I have good intentions of painting something....I have a new commission I need to work on so maybe I'll do that as a work in progress. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Michelle Wrighton Artist said...

Karen I love Christmas Island! Well done:) I hope you and your family have a Happy and safe Christmas and New Year.

Cheers

Michelle
(West Australia)