Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Sanibel Shells Demo Painting 10x10

'Sunshine on the Beach' 10x10 pastel
It was a perfect day in paradise! I had 14 students at my pastel workshop held at the Bailey-Matthews Shell Museum on Sanibel Island. It was 80 degrees and sunny so we had the workshop outdoors in the courtyard. Most of the students were new to pastels so I gave a crash course and shared some tips for painting shells. This was the demo painting from the workshop. It was mostly finished but I gave some finishing touches in the studio. I love to paint shells! I am also enjoying the square format. I have an idea for while I am on the cruise next week using a square format...need to pack my supplies and cut lots of paper!

No comments: