Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, March 06, 2010

Promise of Spring Pastel Landscape

'Promise of Spring' 8x10 pastel
Today's painting is the demo I did for my Introduction to Pastel Workshop. I had five students spend the day in my studio learning the basics of pastels. We had a fun time and everyone came away with some nice paintings. I hope that they will be hooked on this wonderful medium! For this demo I was showing how to start a simple landscape by layering softer pastels over hard. We also did another painting with an alcohol wash which I will share tomorrow. Now I am tired! It has been a full week of teaching and painting but it is so much fun!

2 comments:

Mariela said...

And you also have us...!!
I love the colors of your painting,
wondering whether I am for the full or for the high key paintings...
Have a nice day...!!!

Karen said...

Thank you Mariela,
I am so lucky to have students from around the world! I liked the high key paintings and I will definitely be doing more with them! I'll be in touch.
Karen