Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Friday, June 10, 2011

Lavender Farm at Los Poblanos

'Los Poblanos Lavender' 6x6 pastel
On my recent trip to New Mexico I went on a photo tour with a wonderful photographer and tour guide, Bob Ayres. One of the first places we stopped was a lavender farm at the Los Poblanos Inn in Ranchos de Albuquerque. The lavender was not yet in bloom so I took out my artistic license for this painting. Bob also took us to the Acoma Pueblo and I have some great reference photos from the drive through the desert that I want to paint.
Today's painting is 6x6 on Wallis Belgian Mist. I am working on a few of these 6x6 paintings in preparation for next week's class on painting using a square format.
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $100 USD
Or, send me an email

2 comments:

Dottie Hoeschen said...

Another beautiful piece! They are like little jewels.

Karen said...

Thank you so much Dottie!