Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, November 03, 2012

Painting the Big View...A Trip to the Lowcountry

'A Peaceful View'      18x24        pastel       ©Karen Margulis
purchase this painting $450 

My bags are packed and I am ready for a much needed trip to the Lowcountry of South Carolina.  A few of my friends have rented a house on the beach on Pawley's Island.  We leave on Sunday morning and I am glad that our timing worked out so that I can participate in Saturday's Open Studio Tour.

The house we are staying in has the beach out the back porch and the marsh out the back. Heaven for me!  Every once in awhile I crave the big vistas of the marshlands, the ocean or the desert. I love them all for the wide open feeling I get.  I live in North Georgia and I am both landlocked and surrounded by trees. Lots of trees. The rolling hills covered on trees are beautiful but it is hard to get a big wide open view.  I see colors in the sky at sunset but never the big picture.  I can't wait to spend a week looking at those wide open views.

'Indian Summer Day'     16x20     pastel 
I am packing my oil paints. I plan to spend some quality plein air painting time every day. When I return from the trip I am attending an oil workshop with Marc Hanson so I have to warm up!  I usually prepare my blog posts in advance of a trip but I am trying something different this time. I want to post live from Pawley's Island everyday. So I hope you will visit the blog next week to see what I am up to.


No comments: