Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Pawley's Island Day 3 ...Plein Air on the Marsh

'Across the Creek'        6x8     oil on panel      ©Karen Margulis
available for purchase $95 here
The weather cleared nicely today here on Pawley's Island.  The plan  was to go out with my friends to take photos.  Since it was chilly this morning (in the 40's) We decided to wait until it warmed up.  I was anxious to paint so I decided to go out on the front porch to paint the marsh.  I have moved from inside the house to the porch! Out of the wind, it was very pleasant.

I have only painted plein air with oils one time and that was back in the Spring. I am fairly new to oils anyway so I am really looking forward to the oil workshop I am taking with Marc Hanson when I get home next week.  This week will be my warm up.  So far I am pleased with my set up and my supply bag.  I will work with it this week and see what I need to change before next week.

I painted two 6x8's and 3  2x3's while I waited for my friends. We had a great photo shoot as well and I plan on reporting on that tomorrow.


My Plein Air Oil Set Up


'Morning Marsh'       6x8     oil

1 comment:

Chunbum Park said...

Amazing! I love it! Sort of like Van Gogh