Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, November 01, 2012

Three Reasons to be a part of an Open Studio Tour

'Deep in the Daisies'           6x6         acrylic & ink on gallery wrapped canvas
available through Paypal here  $80
Saturday is the Open Studio Tour of the Artist's of Northwest Georgia. I am proud to be a part of the tour for the second year.  I have been working hard for the last couple of weeks getting ready for the tour.  The many benefits of participating in a tour make it well worth the effort.

detail showing painted edges

  • Open Studios tours are a great way to connect with your local collectors and fellow artists. Not only do you get to work with the artists on the tour in the preparation stages, you get to meet other local artists who might visit your studio. last year I met several artist that I knew by name but had never met in person.
  • It is a great opportunity to show your collectors and potential collectors a 'behind the scenes' peek at your work space. I plan on having several demos going as well as having my invited artist friends set up to paint. I have tidied up the studio but it is still very much a working studio and not a pristine gallery space.
  • Open Studio Tours help get you organized for the new year.  This year I did my major clean-up over the summer but preparing for visitors helps me organize the year's paintings.  I am not the best at keeping good inventory records. I always make this a New Year's resolution but I usually fail!  Organizing my work to display for the tour helps me take inventory. 


A display for the Open Studio Tour...my acrylics and oils
I will be taking photos of my studio on Saturday and will post them for my out of town readers.  If you are in the Atlanta area consider visiting the studios on our tour.  You can download a map and read about the participating artists here http://artiststudiotournorthwestatlanta.blogspot.com

No comments: