Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Painting Arizona 2014...Day 1

'Canyon Color'. 5x7. Plein air pastel.

It's a tough job but someone has to do it! Our Plein air adventure is off to a fantastic start. We arrived in Phoenix yesterday to a warm sunny day. After lunch at the Heard Museum we toured the Phoenix Art Museum to get an inspiration fix. Early to bed so we could be ready for our painting day.

It was a full day that was perfect despite the dead battery in a remote canyon. AAA to the rescue and we were on our way. The extra time in Bulldog Canyon was fine with me. It was a gorgeous spot full of Saguaro Cacti. I had never seen them outside of a botanical garden so it was thrilling to see them in bloom!

I'm in love with colors and textures in the desert. The Palo Verde trees are in bloom and if you look closely there are all kinds of desert shrubs in bloom. I was drawn to this little shrub covered in tiny white flowers.

I am looking forward to another ful day tomorrow!!

 

No comments: