Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Friday, May 08, 2020

Thinking about Colorado!

'Blue Skies Ahead'               8x10               pastel               ©Karen Margulis
available in my Etsy shop. $165
 I was supposed to be in Colorado this week. The plan was to go to the Plein Air Convention in Denver with my good friend Marsha Savage. We were then going to visit the Ludwigs. I don't know what part of the trip I was most excited about! But a lot of things have changed in 2020 and some epic adventures were cancelled.

 I am always looking on the bright side of things and being home since March 3rd has given me time to do some things that a busy travel schedule hasn't allowed. We have spent a lot of time turning our neglected backyard into our personal staycation oasis. I will share photos as soon as I finish! I am also working on online workshop ideas and the first one will be ready in a couple of weeks! I have also painted a lot! I know that some are having a hard time painting now but for me it is calming. It also helps to have assignments and deadlines for my Patreon lessons!

Today I was thinking about past trips to Colorado so I decided to paint another scene from my jeep trip to Yankee Boy Basin....a bucket list trip! I used a repurposed 8x10 board. It had texture from the previous painting so I just liquified the pastel with alcohol. It felt great to get lost in the memories and the meadows!

What have you been doing during these strange and challenging times?


Starting a new painting on an old painitng!

Before adding the flowers!

No comments: